The central government health scheme is a very useful facility provided to all the government employees, pensioners,s and other government and nongovernment employees mentioned on its side.
Presently approximately 39 lakhs are taking benefits from this in 74 cities across India, and its planning to include more cities to improve its accessibility to the citizen.
CGHS provides the following method of medicine
- Indian system of medicine
- Siddha and
Eligibility For Joining CGHS
- All the central government employees and dependent members (Excluding railway and Delhi administration )
- Pensioners of central government (Except railway and armed forces)
- Central government employees retiring as contributory provident fund are eligible with their dependents.
- Widow of the Central Government Employee.
- Delhi police personnel and their family in Delhi only.
- Railway board employee.
- Ex-Governor and Lt. Governor and their families.
- Members of parliament and their families.
- Employees working at Kendriya Vidyalaya are situated in Delhi, Delhi NCR, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
- An employee working in an Ordinance factory
- And others, you can check on the official website of CGHS.
What are CGHS benefits?
- Treatment-related to OPD and medicines.
- Specialist consultation at polytechnic and government hospital.
- Government and impaneled hospitals will provide indoor treatment.
- Money spent at any Govt or private hospital in case of emergency will be reimbursed.
- Even implant of hearing aids, artificial limbs, and other appliances will be reimbursed.
- Family Welfare, Maternity, and Child Health Services are also available.
For serving employee
- Resident proof
- Dependents proof
- Proof of age of the son
- In the case of a differently abled son above 25 years proof of disability.
- All the proof mentioned above
- Surrender CGHS CARD (Only if it is issued during service)
- Attested copies of PPO issued, or provisional PPO or Last pay certificate.
CGHS Login – How to login into CGHS Beneficiary
Basic steps need to follow to guide you to login into the beneficiary account of CGHS.
- Visit the official website of CGHS by typing CGHS in google.
- Once you type this click on the first list that appears in front of you.
- You will be guided to the home page of the CGHS website.
- On the home page click on the beneficiary corner.
- Now the login option will be available to you.
- Enter the beneficiary ID.
- Enter Password.
- Type the CAPTCHA
- Click on sign in option
- Now you are logged in.
- Login here – Click here
How to register in CGHS
Registration on the CGHS web portal is very easy you just need to follow the steps given below:-
- Firstly go to the official website allotted to the Central Government Health System(CGHS).
- You will be navigated to the Home page of the website.
- On the home page go to the beneficiary corner.
- In the dropdown menu go to the beneficiary login option.
- Fill in the details to register.
- Enter the beneficiary ID
- Enter the Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Enter CAPTCHA
- Click on the Register option.
- UMID Railway Login – UMID Card Download and Registration
- CGHS Utilization Certificate Format Download
- CGHS Card Download
Ans – CGHS stands for Central Government Health System under which the central government provides comprehensive healthcare services to the employee of Central government employees, pensioners, and their dependents.
Ans- CGHS card is provided to every individual beneficiary under CGHS. The card has a unique ID and a photo on it and can’t be transferred to another individual.
Ans – Yes it’s compulsory for employees or pensioners. Either you pay monthly or pay at once for 10 years